Monday, February 9, 2009

Simple things

This morning I was so excited!!!! I saw not one but two bald eagles. To some this might not be super exciting, but it is freezing here and it was 7:00 in the morning! I did text my brother that I saw them, but he didn't text me back. It was then that I realized maybe no one would be as interested in this as I was. So, I decided I could enjoy it alone because it is the simple things in life that make us happy!!
Things like:
1. fresh baked Cinnamon rolls
2. wild life
3. family dinners
4. pets
5. pictures
6. clean sheets
7. road trips
8. a good song
9. a cup off coffe (or cocoa)
10. babies in any species
11. new clothes
12. a good laugh
13. a good movie
14. a good book
15. hugging
16. kissing
17. a hot shower
18. a comfy blanket
19. laughing
20. chocolate
What are your simple things??? There is a lesson here too, someone else's happiness might not come from the same simple pleasures that you have, so always embrace the moment from someone else's eyes and remember: people see what they want to see.

3 comments:

  1. That is why i love you! you have so much insight into life and you enjoy and are greatful for the simple things. i liked the 20 simple things. i just bought some knew clothes and i completely agree. they are making me VERY happy. Sorry bout nick not texting back. he just got a new phone to fix the whole crappy phone thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i realize you're a teacher and I spelled grateful wrong but hopefully you can look past all that and still be my friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I agree that the simple things make life all the better. Some of my favorites are a good book and a hot bath (together). OH, when we lived in Cashmere and drove out to Ephrata I saw an Eagle and was so awed! It really is beautiful up there.

    ReplyDelete